Double Standing Seam
- Fine seams for a slimline look
- Blending in with traditional and modern architectural design
- Can be produced with tapering, concave and convex surfaces
- Suitable for roof pitches from just 3°
- Rainproof longitudinally seamed joints
- Use of pre-profiled panels
- Lengths up to 16.0 m possible
RHEINZINK-Double Standing Seam
As regards material as a zinc, the double standing seam is seen as a further development of the original hollow seam or the simple standing seam. First mentioned in the relevant literature in 1899, it is the preferred choice over other systems for roof pitches under 25°. The minimum pitch here is 3° (approx. 5.2%). The name "double standing seam" characterises one of the classic longitudinal joint types used for panels installed next to each other outside the water level. On international markets it is the 25 mm high double standing seam manufactured with pre-profiled panels that has established itself.
The profile is folded and closed manually or mechanically using profiling and seam folding machines. Special shapes such as convex and concave curves or tapers can be produced without any problem. Traditional architecture or modern design will be set off perfectly by the elegant lines of the double standing seam thanks to its wide range of details.